Welcome to Fire Sprinkler Times

FOR THE PRESERVATION OF LIFE AND PROPERTY

Brought to you by the Wisconsin Chapter of the NFSA

Member Login
Lost your password?

Posts Tagged ‘ appleton ’

Fire Sprinklers At Work (Summer 2017 Edition)

July 2017 Madison Dumpster Fire East-Side Complex Garage Firefighters responded to 1606 Fordem Avenue to investigate an alarm activation. Residents were standing outside as Engine 3’s crew separated to check all three floors and the garage. A slight haze of smoke was found inside a garbage store room, and a sprinkler  had been activated....
Read More »

Fire Sprinklers At Work (Spring 2017 Edition)

March 2017 Madison Slumberland Furniture The fire sprinkler system activated and contained a fire in the clearance storage area of the furniture store to a 30-by-30-foot area. Firefighters only took two minutes to extinguish the remaining fire. The preliminary determination was that an electrical fault may have been the cause. Ed Ruckriegel, Fire Marshal,...
Read More »

Fire Sprinklers At Work (Spring 2016 Edition)

May 2016   Madison YWCA The fire sprinkler system in the building prevented a fire in a fifth-floor hallway from spreading, allowing residents to escape unharmed and limiting fire damage to only $25,000. All residents were able to return to the building. Last June, a fire sprinkler save occurred on the exact same floor...
Read More »

Fire Sprinklers At Work (Spring 2014 Edition)

March 2014 Appleton Riverwalk Place The apartment building’s fire sprinkler system extinguished a kitchen fire in a second-floor unit before fire crews arrived. The fire began when a simmering stovetop potpourri overheated, ignited and spread to an over-the-range microwave. No one was injured. Appleton Post-Crescent February 2014 Eau Claire St. John’s Apartments The fire...
Read More »

Fire Sprinklers At Work (Fall/Winter 2013 Edition)

Fire Sprinklers At Work (Fall/Winter 2013 Edition)

November 2013 Grand Chute Apartment Building The fire sprinkler system in the two-story apartment building extinguished a garage fire before fire crews arrived. The damage from the fire, which began in the engine compartment of a car, did not affect the building. Jesse Pickett, Fire Prevention Specialist, Grand Chute Fire Department Lomira Quad/Graphics Along...
Read More »